The OAPEN Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation based in the Netherlands, with its registered office at the National Library in The Hague. OAPEN is dedicated to open access, peer-reviewed books.
OAPEN operates three platforms:
- OAPEN Library – a central repository for hosting and disseminating OA books
- OAPEN Open Access Books Toolkit – a toolkit on OA book publishing for authors
- Directory of Open Access Books – a discovery service indexing OA books, in partnership with OpenEdition
We work with publishers to build a quality-controlled collection of open access books, and provide services for publishers, libraries and research funders in the areas of dissemination, quality assurance and digital preservation.
OAPEN’s goals are:
* to build a branded collection of open access peer-reviewed titles ;
* to increase the visibility and retrievability of high-quality publications ;
* to promote open access book publishing.
This blog highlights new developments taking place at OAPEN or at the field of open access books.