The OAPEN Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation based in the Netherlands, with its registered office at the National Library in The Hague. OAPEN is dedicated to open access, peer-reviewed books.
OAPEN operates three platforms:
- OAPEN Library – a central repository for hosting and disseminating OA books
- OAPEN Open Access Books Toolkit – a toolkit on OA book publishing for authors
- Directory of Open Access Books – a discovery service indexing OA books, in partnership with OpenEdition
We work with publishers to build a quality-controlled collection of open access books, and provide services for publishers, libraries and research funders in the areas of dissemination, quality assurance and digital preservation.
OAPEN’s goals are:
* to build a branded collection of open access peer-reviewed titles ;
* to increase the visibility and retrievability of high-quality publications ;
* to promote open access book publishing.
This blog highlights new developments taking place at OAPEN or at the field of open access books.
Cite this blog post
Eelco Ferwerda (2020, March 4). OAPEN – open access for books. OAPEN - Online library of open access books. Retrieved February 24, 2024, from https://doi.org/10.58079/sh3i